Grade 11 – the Big Decision: Best Career Options after 10th Board Exams
With one big hurdle of the 10th grade over and the results out, there are two things that come to mind: first, which subjects to study and second, which school/college to join? Students are already faced with challenges like what after this? Which University? Which course? Science? Arts? Commerce? Which career?
Is it possible to know all the answers at the tender age of 16 years? And do you know what the world will be in the next 5 to 6 years? Are you sure that the courses you do today will prepare you for a job after 6 years?
Well the good thing is that the answers are not too difficult to find. They are all here, with us at Victorious Kidss Educares (VKE), the largest IB (International Baccalaureate) school in Pune city. Victorious Kidss Educares, today, is an established name in the field of world class IB Education. Since last 15 years, the school has excelled towards the objective of helping the children discover the treasure from within. The school is driven by the motto of ‘Every Child Matters (ECM)’. Teaching pedagogy at VKE is a unique blend of Western science and Indian heritage of Vedanta philosophy.
Here are some guidelines to help you choose the best course and the best school:
- Choosing an IB education provides students the extensive exposure to do independent research, paper presentations and improves their analytical and critical thinking skills.
- The IB programme is specially designed keeping in mind the unknown challenges of the future. It is not just a study programme; it is a programme which aims at developing the complete personality of a student. It equips them with skills that will help them not only to survive but lead the competitive world.
- The IB Diploma Programme (11th and 12th class) is a challenging and balanced two-year curriculum, primarily aimed at students aged 16 to 19 years. It leads to a qualification that is widely recognized by the world’s leading universities. It helps to develop the complete personality of a student.
- Here at VKE, students can choose 6 subjects from a wide range of subjects like English, Hindi, French, Business Management, History, Economics, Psychology, Environmental Systems and Societies, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Design technology, Computer Science, Math at 3 levels (HL, SL and Studies), Visual Art.
- DP students also have the privilege of using the state of art laboratories for the science stream and the computer labs with Apple machines, Dell machines and an independent I pad lab for their research work.
- The school provides an enriched environment with latest technology and the facilitators / teachers / coordinators help the students to identity and discover the potential within.
- In addition, the programme has three core requirements that are included to broaden the learning experience of students.
- The interdisciplinary Theory of Knowledge (TOK) is designed to develop a logical approach to learning. It encourages students to reflect on knowledge by critically examining its different aspects.
- The Extended Essay offers the opportunity to investigate a topic of special interest and acquaints students with the independent research and writing skills expected at university.
- Creativity, action and service (CAS) require that students actively learn from the real life experience of doing tasks beyond the classroom. The IB DP at VKE gives the students a wide range of options for their CAS (creativity, action and service) activities. They can choose from Aeromodelling, Robotics, Swimming, Western Music, Dance, Soccer, Basketball, Cricket, Visual Art, Vocal Music, Drums, Guitar, Adventure trips, etc.
- The DP Coordinator and the Career Counselor help and guide the students to choose and apply to the Universities/ Colleges in India and Abroad.
So parents and students, what are you waiting for? You are invited to come and explore the opportunities and the campus facilities at VKE!